Osborne Executive Search have been retained exclusively by ACCORD Dublin to manage the recruitment process for the appointment of their Diocesan Director.
ACCORD Dublin is the agency for Marriage and the Family of the Catholic Archdiocese of Dublin. It is a well-known, respected and accomplished agency with over 50 years’ experience working with couples and individuals supporting them in their Marriages and Relationships. In addition, it delivers marriage and relationship counselling for couples experiencing difficulty in their relationship, sacramental marriage preparation courses for couples who choose to marry in the church and a schools-based relationship and sexuality education programme for primary and secondary school students throughout the Archdiocese.
Reporting directly to the Chairperson of the Board, or any other member as designated by the Chairperson, the Diocesan Director will be responsible for the overall operations and resources of the organization and for ensuring its long-term sustainability. As a senior executive you will have the authority to carry out the management and responsibilities of the day-to-day operations of ACCORD Dublin in accordance with the direction and policies established by the Board. You will also work collaboratively with the other ACCORD companies on the Island of Ireland.
Dublin based; this is a full-time permanent role. Some flexibility is required as the role requires working at weekends and some evenings on occasion.
- Managing the overall operations and resources of the organisation
- Overseeing financial record keeping and the financial viability of the organisation ensuring its long-term financial sustainability
- Provide leadership and support to members and volunteers of the ACCORD Dublin team
- Leading the development of the organisation’s short- and long-term strategy, ensuring that the vision and values of ACCORD Dublin permeate throughout the organisation
- Engrain and strengthen the success of the management team and support for training and skills development
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with all key stakeholders
- Maintaining the reputation of ACCORD Dublin as a provider of high-quality essential services within the Archdiocese of Dublin.
- Oversee the Board’s governance and due diligence processes
- Organise, prepare and obtain agreement to the annual budget that supports the business plan
- Develop a culture of high performance and accountability and adhere to best practice HR policies and procedures
- Ensure appropriate systems and processes are in place to adhere to legislative requirements (e.g., GDPR, Child Safeguarding, Health and Safety etc)
- Identifying mechanisms to enhance, increase and maintain funding
- Ensuring all regulatory and statutory reporting occurs
- Promoting the services of ACCORD Dublin with the relevant target groups
- Working in close co-operation with other ACCORD companies
Experience and Qualifications:
- An interest and experience of, working in an environment where there is a requirement to show commitment to and empathy with the mission, ethos and culture of a faith-based organisation
- Previous experience working with volunteers would be an advantage.
- Knowledge and commitment of the ethos of ACCORD Dublin
- Experience of successfully delivering at a comparable senior executive level and the capacity to work effectively with the Board
- Previous experience of developing and implementing a strategic plan
- Strong understanding and experience of financial Management
- In-depth knowledge of corporate governance and general management best practice
- Demonstrable skills in personnel management, administration, time management and project management with the ability to apply within different working environments
- Effective, proven leadership in a multi-disciplinary organisation in the services /charity/not-for-profit sectors at a senior level with clear accountability for delivering results
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to collaborate and work effectively with key stakeholders in statutory and voluntary Sectors
- Education qualification in one or more of the three core areas of education, counselling or management would be an advantage
Further details on this significant opportunity including remuneration, duties and responsibilities, are available on request
To pursue your interest, please email a comprehensive CV and supporting letter to Sinéad Connolly, Osborne Executive Search in confidence at email@example.com
For a confidential discussion please contact Sinead at 086 0126618. Candidates for this role will be sourced through both advertising and executive search processes
ACCORD Dublin and Osborne Executive Search are equal opportunities employers